A Party for the Sideshow King & Saving a Big Ketchup Bottle
The Museum of Morbid Anatomy in Brooklyn, N.Y., was the sight of a book launch party for Ward Hall – King of the Sideshow!, a biography written by Ripley’s Tim O’Brien. The party was thrown by Huffington Post’s executive editor, Buck Wolf, who joins us this week on Ripley Radio and tells us why he and his staff wanted to host this big sideshow party.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE:
- A man known as the Big Tomato talks with Ralf about his efforts to save a 185-foot tall ketchup bottle
- Chad Lewis acquaints us with some funky roadside motels, including one in the shape of a huge dog
- Jodi Pliszka reports that leaving contact lenses in for too long can cause bacteria that will eat your cornea and cause blindness
- Ripley’s official illustrator, John Graziano gives us a glimpse of some of the cartoons that will appear in September newspapers across the world
- “Florida on a Tankful” TV reporter Scott Fais takes us to a small community where hundreds of freaks, geeks and carnies have called home for decades – Gibsonton, Florida.
Providing our musical egress this week is Magic! with the acoustic version of their hit, Rude.
You can also subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Cyber Station or Web Talk Radio.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
Co-hosts Ralf “with an F” Ingwersen and Tim O’Brien, and their unbelievable multi-talented ensemble report on the latest oddball happenings and outrageous current events each week, but with that added Ripley Twist (of course).
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 90-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949