Continuing a long streak of Voter Choice Awards!
Gatlinburg, TN (May 30, 2018) – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice 2018 named Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies the #2 Aquarium in North America! This award comes on the heels of several years of awards for the Gatlinburg based aquarium.
In 2017, USA TODAY 10Best.com named Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies the Best U.S. Aquarium. That same year, they ranked 5th in the Top 10 Aquariums in the World by 2017 TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice.
Between 2014 and 2015, the aquarium received numerous voters’ choice awards:
- 2015: 3rd – Best Aquariums in the U.S. by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice | 5th – Best Aquariums in the World by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice
- 2014: 3rd– Best Aquariums in the U.S. by USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice | 4th Best Aquariums in the U.S. by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice | 5th – Best Aquariums in the World by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice
“These awards are very meaningful to us because a panel of judges does not decide them – they are voted on by the public, our guests who visit our aquarium and come back year after year.” – Ryan DeSear, Regional Manager, Ripley Aquariums.
DeSear also noted that one of the reasons for their high visitor return is because the aquarium is always adding something new, including changeable shows.
Shipwrecks is an all-new exhibit that just opened to the public.
Since humans took to the sea to explore the planet, there have been shipwrecks. Water covers 71% of the Earth. Scattered miles across and below the surface, secrets of our civilization wait silently to be discovered. See, experience and explore many shipwrecks throughout history and the world.
- Wreck Reenactments!
- Unearth Buried Treasures!
- Discover shipwrecks from early B.C. to the Forgotten Shipwrecks and what caused the shipwrecks!
- Take a photo with a famous replica from Chuuk Lagoon!
- Stand by Abraham Lincoln or Pose as The Lincolns!
- Learn about Black Beard’s Queen Anne’s Revenge, the Edmund Fitzgerald, CSS Alabama, the Hunley and many more!
Ripley Attractions – Gatlinburg
Office: (865) 755-2128
Public Relations Manager
Office: 407-345-8010 Cell: 727-439-0136
About Ripley Entertainment
Ripley Aquariums is part of the Ripley Entertainment Inc. (www.ripleys.com) family of worldwide attractions, the global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 14 million people visit its 100-plus attractions in 11 countries each year. In addition to its 30 Believe It or Not! Odditoriums, the Orlando, Florida-based company has publishing, licensing and broadcast divisions that oversee projects including the syndicated Believe It or Not! television show, best-selling books and the popular syndicated cartoon strip, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, that still runs daily in countries around the world. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, he second-largest privately held company in Canada.