18th edition of popular book series aims to inspire readers of all ages
ORLANDO, FL – September 28, 2021 – Just in time for National Book Month, the newest book in the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! series is now in stores. Perfect for that hard-to-buy-for youth on your holiday gift list, and to help your child develop a love of reading from an early age, Out of the Box features 256 pages of extraordinary people, far-off places, and adventures near and far.
Even the most reluctant readers will be inspired by the more than 1,000 stories of unbelievable talents, incredible inventions, and curious discoveries such as:
- Father-and-son team Iouri and Michael Petoukhov who combined their passion for pizza and love of LEGO into the ultimate plastic-brick, pie-making machine! Using only LEGO, the gourmet gadget can generate a full pizza, from sauce to cheese, peppers, and sausage. It even slices the pizza once finished baking!
- Designer Penelope Gazin whose “scaled” fashion line features 20 different matching outfits for owners and their pet lizards!
- The nothing-but-net talent of New York aerialist Amadeus Lopez who, while suspended by his mouth from a basketball hoop, can spin two balls on the forefinger of each hand and simultaneously shoot a basket with a third ball “thrown” from his foot!
- Ambidextrous lawyer and artist Colin Darke of Detroit, Michigan, who can illustrate two halves of a portrait or design simultaneously — his right and left hands working independently throughout the remarkable process!
- Astoria, New York-based Matthew Van Vorst who has given new meaning to the term “cutting the cheese.” His ongoing series of sculptures depict a variety of subjects, from sandwiches to suitcases — all made from cheese!
For a sneak peek of what’s inside, click here.
For more information, visit Ripleys.com. Review copies, media assets and further information available upon request.
(647) 456 – 2653
About Ripley Entertainment
Ripley Publishing is part of the Ripley Entertainment Inc. family of worldwide attractions, the global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 15 million people visit its 100-plus attractions in 10 countries each year. In addition to its Believe It or Not! Odditoriums, the Orlando, Florida-based company has publishing, licensing and broadcast divisions that oversee projects including the syndicated Believe It or Not! television show, best-selling books, and the popular syndicated cartoon strip, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, that still runs daily in countries around the world. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the second-largest privately held company in Canada. Learn more about Ripley’s Believe It or Not! by visiting Ripleys.com and following them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.