18th edition of popular book series aims to inspire readers of all ages
ORLANDO, FL – August 25, 2022 – Feeling bored? Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Escape the Ordinary is here to transport readers to a world beyond imagination — where truth is always stranger than fiction! Fall in love with Ricochet the surfing therapy dog, discover a disappearing waterfall, learn how whales hunt with bubbles, and meet some truly extraordinary people:
- Extreme athlete Stefanie Millinger performs aerial hoop and balance routines from stomach-churning heights — without any safety equipment — in picturesque locales.
- German artist Werner Härtl paints using a surprising medium: cow dung! Believe It or Not! his monochromatic artworks resemble sepia photographs and are rich in detail.
- Rocky Stoutenburgh of Southgate, Michigan, was left paralyzed from the neck down after an accident, but today he plays video games professionally using only his mouth! RockyNoHands began streaming in 2016 and is now the first quadriplegic gamer to join a professional esports organization.
- Mimi Choi creates hyper-realistic illusion makeup, and her eye-twisting results appear straight out of Salvador Dalí’s playbook.
- Mark Verge of Oshawa, Ontario, constructs over-the-top balloon sculptures like life-size dinosaurs that require more than 1,800 balloons to assemble!
Say “no” to normal as Escape the Ordinary’s 256 pages spark curiosity, challenge perception, celebrate differences, and curate a sense of wonder for the weird world around us!
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Escape the Ordinary will be released September 20, 2022, and available at major retailers and on Amazon.
For more information, visit Ripleys.com/Publishing/Escape. Review copies, media assets, and further information available upon request.
About Ripley Entertainment
Ripley Publishing is part of the Ripley Entertainment Inc. family of worldwide attractions, the global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 15 million people visit its 100-plus attractions in 10 countries each year. In addition to its Believe It or Not! Odditoriums, the Orlando, Florida-based company has publishing, licensing and broadcast divisions that oversee projects including the syndicated Believe It or Not! television show, best-selling books, and the popular syndicated cartoon strip, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, that still runs daily in countries around the world. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the second-largest privately held company in Canada. Learn more about Ripley’s Believe It or Not! by visiting Ripleys.com and following them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.