Genting, Malaysia (March 15, 2018) Just in time for Lunar New Year, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Adventureland in Genting Highland, Malaysia, reopened after nine months of being closed for renovations.
The entrance to the Ripley’s is guarded by a larger than life two-headed dragon and is located in Resort World Genting’s 4th floor of Sky Avenue.
Everything inside the attraction is brand new, and features Ripley’s latest, must-see exhibits!
- The New York City Freedom Tower made from over 470,000 matchsticks.
- Willard Wigan’s Micro-Miniatures are the smallest sculptures in the world! They are so small that they fit in the eye of a needle or on the top of a nail. In fact, his sculptures can’t be seen with the naked eye. To view his creations, you’ll have to look through a microscope that can zoom in at least 400 times. That’s close enough to see a split in a hair.
- The Pumpkin Carriage Boat was built in 1994 to sail down the Grand Canal in Venice. This wood carved replica of Cinderella’s famous pumpkin carriage, complete with four horses, is actually a floating boat!
- The luckiest room in the world features the world’s luckiest collection of charms and fortune related exhibits including a million-dollar Buddha made of macerated US Dollars, ancient gambling coins, and even an Olympic Torch!
- Plus more than 400 exciting exhibits!
Part of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Adventureland includes Jurassic Research Center, a kid-friendly trek through a prehistoric land full of dinosaurs, and Zombie Outbreak, a terrifying live-action haunted attraction. The resort is also the home of the future world’s first Fox Studios Theme Park and other indoor attractions.
Ripley’s partnered with Only World Group (OWG) on the project, one of Malaysia’s leading lifestyle and leisure operators. Ripley’s has a longstanding franchise partnership with OWG in the Malaysian market.
“We’re very excited to continue our long-term franchise partnership with Only World Group. Their new investment will be a staple for the next generation of Genting Highlands visitors. The new attraction incorporates our latest designs and has created an interactive experience that showcases some of the most unusual and unique artifacts in the vast Ripley’s collection.” – Victor Danau, Director Asia Development & Operations
The new Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium at Genting Highlands is a must do for all that venture up the mountain. Whether you’re a family looking for fun or just want to rub the million-dollar Buddha for luck, Ripley’s will be sure to wow and entertain!
Asia Pacific (Vietnam Office)
Director, Development & Operations, Asia Pacific
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office: (407) – 692 – 9710
UNITED STATES (Headquarters)
Public Relations Manager
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office: 407 – 345 – 8010
Cell: 727 – 439 – 0136
ABOUT RIPLEY ENTERTAINMENT
Ripley Entertainment Inc. is the global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 14 million people visit its over 100 attractions in 11 countries each year. In addition to its 30 Believe It or Not! Odditoriums, the Orlando, Florida-based company has publishing, licensing and broadcast divisions that oversee projects including the syndicated Believe It or Not! television show, best-selling books and the popular syndicated cartoon strip, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, that still runs in countries all around the world. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the second-largest privately held company in Canada.
ABOUT ONLY WORLD GROUP
Inspired by the strong and silent demeanour of the horse, Only World Group has been working behind the scenes, silently, in bringing people together and creating fond memories until present. As the Group embraces the philosophy of “Fun, Food and Good Living”, it also make strides in operating and managing F&B and leisure related brands, found in popular resorts and shopping malls.The Group ventures into good living by providing outlets to relax the body and revitalise the mind namely spas and other related activities. As the future beholds, Only World Group will continue to run ahead in affirming our position of being Only the Best in what we do. With our experience, coupled with forward thinking leaders, we will implement the best business strategy and system in exploring new horizons to create more sparks that will excite the world in terms of “Fun, Food and Good Living.”